Tuesday 1 January 2013

Tarot reading to kick start 2013

So here we are, it's New Year's Day. Without meaning to sound miserable, I'm glad to see the back of 2012 and now looking forward to making the most of 2013 (see my first post about why I did not enjoy last year!). Fresh start and all that.

I've literally had a fresh start today as I've quit smoking. I had my last cigarette at 11.50pm last night, then I threw all my smoking gear in a bin and proudly took a photo of it. Right now, I'm puffing away on an e-cigarette and trying to ignore the rising irritability inside me and my aching muscles. Therefore, I apologise if my writing this evening comes across as snappy. That's how I feel today...

My best friend/housemate Ella read my Tarot this evening to help guide me through the first few weeks of the year. Tarot reading might make you think of an old lady with a scary face sitting in a darkened room. This wasn't the case for me. It was done in the bright lights of my living room while sitting on the floor.

I never know what to make of Tarot. At the end of the day, it's just cards pulled at random which are meant to tell you about yourself and your future. Nonetheless, I wanted to hear what the Tarot had to say to me on January 1, 2013.

So here's my reading:

7 of Staves (upside down) - Too many obstacles in my life at the moment. (The quitting smoking.) I have to try sorting out the worst of my problems now (the smoking) and leave new decisions for another time. There will be a puzzling or embarrassing situation in the future. 
The Fool - Fresh start or discovery of talents I didn't know I had. The card represents a person setting out into new a future, perhaps a chance to start again. (Being a non-smoker.) A new door is opening and there are new challenges to take advantage of. I must not be rash or rush into a new situation. Use willpower. 
9 of Cups (upside down) - This card shows satisfaction is to come but there may be slight touch of irritation. (Nicotine withdrawal.) Any problems should be sorted out soon. 
9 of Coins - Money and success is on the way. Domestic matters will go well. 
Strength (upside down) - Warning of continued health problems. Someone is drained of energy or hope. There is a possibility an enemy will gain ascendency over me. I may have to postpone or abandon plans. This card is a warning that underhanded behaviour will land me in trouble... 
8 of Cups (upside down) - There is a definite end to a rotten situation. There should be some joy and fun ahead.

Tarot can be a bit vague. I'm going to relate most of it to the quitting smoking. Overall, it's not a bad reading - no devils or death.

I'm going to take heed of some of the advice given in the Tarot - why not? I've got nothing to lose.

As part of this blog, I'm going to try and be a bit more welcoming towards the supernatural etc... and so tonight Ella said she wanted to rinse our house of negative energy by "clapping out the corners". It's a Pagan tradition and involves holding a candle in each corner of every room in the house, ring a bell, clap your hands and say, "May light shine in to every corner of this house." It took a while to do every corner and my hands hurt from clapping. Admittedly, had we been covertly filmed doing this, we would be thrown in the back of a van wearing straitjackets.

It's a small price to pay to make our house full of positive energy, I suppose.

I've also paid attention to a New Year's Day superstition - I did my clothes washing last night so I didn't wash anything on January 1. Doing so brings bad luck, apparently...

1 comment: